When you submit personal information to apply for our Services and each time you use our Services, you are indicating your acknowledgement and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information about you collected through our Services as set forth in this Policy. We may revise this Policy without advance notice to you but we will let you know of any changes by posting a revised Policy on our website with a new effective date. If you do not accept the terms outlined in this Policy or a revised Policy, please do not use our Site or Service.WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect Personal Information about you (information which can be associated to a specific person) that you provide while using our Site or Service, including the application process and usage of our online platform. For example, we may collect the following personal information:
- your name
- your email address
- your date of birth
- your home address and telephone number
- your social security number
- your employment and income information
- credentials for and information from third party sites
For clarity, CompareFirst collects Personal Information from you in order to match you with relevant offers of credit and
other services that we believe to be beneficial for you. CompareFirst is not a lender and any transaction
or agreement you may have with our affiliated lenders or other service providers is a separate and autonomous
relationship between you and the third-party lender or service provider and is not part of the Services.
In case you are extended an offer of credit by Backed Inc., your Privacy is managed through the Backed Inc.
We and our third-party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information from you, including your IP address, MAC address, your computer type, screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, as well as demographic data, for example, your location, educational degree, balance on mortgage, value of real estate, income, age, weight, type of insurance, diabetic or smoking-related statistics. We also aggregate Personal Information in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code.
We collect information about you:
- from you, when you register on our Site, use our Site or apply for a loan or to be an investor; from your transactions, including your security purchases, repayments, account funding and withdrawals; and from your communications with us;
- from you, if you have provided a testimonial about a site and given us permission to post that testimonial on our Site;
- from third parties such as credit bureaus, identity verification services and other public records or websites;
- from third parties who are participating in co-signing loan activities; and
- From social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and similar. When you use your social media account to register or log into the Site, you are asking that social media service to send us certain information from those social media accounts, and you are authorizing us to collect, store, and use what they send us in accordance with this Policy. Social media registration features may collect basic account information such as name, age, photo and other details you choose to share according to your social media account settings. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. You can unlink your social media accounts or control what they share from their privacy controls.
Except as specifically set forth in these Terms, we will not share your Personal Information with third parties without your explicit permission, except when required by law, regulation, subpoena or court order, in order to protect our rights or in order to cooperate with an investigation by a law enforcement body.
We may use and disclose your personal information that is collected through our Site or Service in accordance with applicable law and this Policy, where appropriate, which uses may include:
- providing and managing Service you have requested;
- connecting you with Service Providers who will provide you with information about products and services;
- verifying your identity and authenticating you;
- protecting against fraud or security threats, and otherwise managing risks;
- communicating with you regarding services that may be of interest, including contacting you or allowing our vendors to contact you via telephone for a limited period even if the telephone number you submitted appears on any state and/or federal Do Not Call list, because your inquiry serves as an exception to state and/or federal Do Not Call laws;
- presenting you with advertisements tailored to you on certain third-party websites, including on Facebook;
- allowing you to send messages to a friend through the Site. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address;
- evaluating and improving our Site and other offerings;
- tailoring our Service and otherwise enhancing the customer experience;
- if you purchase a product or service from us, to complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service;
- satisfying legal or regulatory requirements or law enforcement requests; and
- as permitted by applicable law.
We may use and disclose your personal information that is collected through our Service to run our everyday business and in accordance with applicable law. We do not share, sell, rent or trade your personal information with any third-party other than as described below. We may share your information with:
- Other Backed Businesses for the purposes described in this Policy. Backed Inc. is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information;
- Future Backed subsidiaries or affiliates in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event;
- Agents and service providers who help us with parts of our business operations, such as fraud prevention, servicing activities, bill collection, Site and Service performance, marketing and technology services;
- Consumer reporting agencies and credit bureaus to verify your identity and obtain your credit report and/or credit score, and to which we report that status of your account with us;
- Business partners that offer financial products and other services that we believe may be of interest to you; WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR VENDORS' USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION;
- If you choose to download a white paper, eBook, or other resource, to our clients, partners and current and future sponsors of that resource. If you do not want to be contacted by these third parties, please do not download, view or otherwise access the white papers, eBooks and other resources;
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties as required by law and when we believe that such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, regulatory request or other legal process; and
- Other third parties but only if you consent or direct us to do so.
CompareFirst, Backed Inc. and our business partners with whom we share your information for the purpose of matching you with relevant offers of credit and related services may use your Personal Information to communicate with you by direct mail, email, or by text message to provide you with information on your application status and/or information related to your account, opportunities and promotions we believe will be relevant for you, and information or content that we believe would be of interest to you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTY VENDORS.
This Policy does not apply to any Personal Information collected by CompareFirst other than Personal Information collected through the Site or Service. This Policy shall not apply to any unsolicited information you provide to CompareFirst through the Site or Service or through any other means. This includes, but is not limited to, information posted to any public areas of the Site or Service, such as forums, any ideas for new products or modifications to existing products, and other unsolicited submissions (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”). All Unsolicited Information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and CompareFirst, Backed Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such Unsolicited Information to others without limitation or attribution.FOR HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. To request access, correction, update, or amendment of your personal information, please contact us at the following email address, postal address or telephone number:
|Postal Address:||106 West 32nd St., Suite 111, New York, NY 10001|
|Telephone number:||(877) 583-3680|
and other tracking technologies for various purposes, such as fraud prevention and monitoring our advertising
and marketing campaign performance. Some of these tracking tools may detect characteristics or settings of
the specific device you use to access our online Services.
To help operate our website, enhance your experience and collect information about online activity, we may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be in the form of cookies, pixel tags, local shared objects or other similar technologies. Cookies and similar technologies enable us to personalize our Site and Service for you. These technologies may allow us to store and manage your preferences and settings, measure and analyze how you use our Site and the effectiveness of our communications, offer services and help us improve our Service and security.
- “Cookies” are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or our Service Providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of our Service over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but doing so may degrade your experience with our Service.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons - which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message—or similar technologies may be used on our Site and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online Services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
- Local shared objects, sometimes referred to as “flash cookies,” may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software installed on your device. Local shared objects are similar to cookies in terms of their operation but may not be managed in your browser in the same way. For more information on managing local shared objects, click here.
We do not respond to “do not track” signals from your browser at this time. To learn more about how “do not track” works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.SECURITY SAFEGUARDS
We use security controls to protect against unauthorized use, access, modification, destruction, disclosure,
loss or theft of your personal information in our custody or control. When you enter sensitive information
(such as credit card number and personal health information) on our forms, we encrypt that information once
it is entered. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular,
email sent to or from the Service may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding
what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information
to Backed via the Internet.
By using the Service or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or Service or by sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at info@CompareFirst.co
We do not knowingly solicit from, and the Services are not intended for, children under 18 years old, and children under 18 should not provide personal information online. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 18 has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files.HOW TO OPT-OUT OF RECEIVING MESSAGES
Marketing related emails contain the option to “opt-out” or unsubscribe from receiving future emails. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages. To opt-out of emails or any other electronic communications that are not related to a loan that you have received from us, please contact us at unsubscribe@CompareFirst.co and we will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that if you opt-out of such sharing, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from these third parties, please contact them directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.International Users:
All Personal Information is stored on servers in the United States and is subject to United States' law. Our
Services are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere
outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred
to the United States. By using our Services or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Applicable California privacy legislation permits visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request to access such information, please contact us as follows: info@CompareFirst.co Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us at contact us.